The Prime Minister of India is the chief executive of the Government of India in India’s parliamentary system.
- Jawaharlal Nehru is the first Prime minister of India. He also India’s longest-serving prime minister.
- Indira Gandhi was the first Woman Prime minister of India
- Rajiv Gandhi was sworn-in as India’s youngest Prime minister of India.
- Manmohan Singh is the first Sikh Prime minister of India.
- Narendra Damodardas Modi is the current Prime minister of India (14th).
List of Prime Minister :
|Jawahar Lal Nehru||15-Aug-1947 to 27-May-1964|
|Gulzarilal Nanda||27-May-1964 to 9 June 1964|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri||09-Jun-1964 to 11-Jan-1966|
|Gulzarilal Nanda||11-Jan-1966 to 24 January 1966|
|Indira Gandhi||24-Jan-1966 to 24-Mar-1977|
|Morarji Desai||24-Mar-1977 to 28-Jul-1979|
|Charan Singh||28-Jul-1979 to 14-Jan-1980|
|Indira Gandhi||14-Jan-1980 to 31-Oct-1984|
|Rajiv Gandhi||31-Oct-1984 to 02-Dec-1989|
|Vishwanath PratapSingh||02-Dec-1989 to 10-Nov-1990|
|Chandra Shekhar||10-Nov-1990 to 21-Jun-1991|
|P. V. Narasimha Rao||21-Jun-1991 to 16-May-1996|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee||16-May-1996 to 01-Jun-1996|
|H. D. Deve Gowda||01-Jun-1996 to 21-Apr-1997|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee||19-Mar-1998 to 22-May-2004|
|Dr. Manmohan Singh||22-May-2004 to 26-May-2014|
|Narendra Modi||26-May-2014 to till date|